3913 Old Lee Highway
Suite 32 A
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Fax:703 352 8999
Map and Directions:
As an expert in human dynamics and interpersonal relationships, Nancy began her career as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Brazil in the late 1960s. A 20-year nursing career followed, after which she became a psychotherapist. As a LPC, LMFT Nancy has a full time private practice in Fairfax, VA. specializing in Trauma and Marriage and Family therapy. She is also a Life Coach, a professional presenter and motivational speaker for professional organizations.
She was an adjunct professor at GMU from 1997-2008. In addition, she taught a series of Professional workshops for clinicians in Solution Oriented Brief Therapy which culminated in a Certificate in SOBT.
Her rich and varied background also includes certifications in EMDR, NLP and Ericksonian Hypnotherapy. She is also an Approved Consultant in EMDR.
The guiding principle in her work is the power of relationship. No matter what your theoretical focus is as a therapist, building and sustaining a solid working alliance with your clients is crucial to creating a climate where change can occur.
- Full time private practice in downtown Fairfax, VA. since 1990 serving individuals, couples, families and children
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Virginia
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Virginia
- Certified EMDR Practitioner
- Certified Diplomate in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Certified Practitioner Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Approved Consultant EMDR
- Consultant to Fairfax County Alcohol and Drug Services, Youth Program (2004-2007)
- Consultant to Peace Corps (1991-2004)
- Adjunct Professor at George Mason University, Graduate School of Education, Counseling and Development (1997-1999, 2002-2008)
- Acute Trauma Treatment with EMDR
- Corporate Training in Relationship and Communication Issues
- Solution-Oriented Brief Therapy Treatment Strategies applied to specific clinical client populations...
- Depression and Anxiety
- Substance Abuse
- Chronic and Severe Mental Illness
- Trauma including sexual assault and sexual abuse
- Career counseling
- Brief Marriage and Family Therapy
Copyright © 2006-2017 . All rights reserved | Designed by